1.a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
2. a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
By 15th April we will witness the highest number of deaths in USA followed by UK. My reason is based on the cavalier attitude of these two countries whose priority is PR work and manipulation of statistics. Germany tests around half a million people per week while UK tested 120,000 since the outbreak of the virus a month ago or so.
My wife goes to work as usual to her hospital. She is a doctor. She sees thousands of patients, visitors and colleagues at her work place. The hospital has Virus testing facilities, she has not been tested for the virus. Nor the rest of the staff. I have been told not to go out of the house. I am almost locked up in the house like a solitary confinement with no contact with the outside world. I don’t even touch the incoming posts yet my wife comes after work and we come in very close contact. If I catch the virus I am sure to die as my age is in the vulnerable category. What is the authority doing about protecting people like me and my wife.
Today I drove my wife to Morrison to do the shopping. I was sitting in the car, windows closed wearing mask but was able to watch what was going on outside. The car park was almost full. The staff have been walking around as usual. They were not wearing gloves nor masks. I also witnessed staff walking very close to each other. Customers did keep their distance with each other but couldn’t see anyone wearing masks or gloves. This is in complete contrast to what I have been seeing on television about people in the Far Eastern countries where the entire population were wearing face masks.
There are minor things that can be done here but people are not taking the warning seriously.
- Is it too cumbersome to order food stuff by online means and collect it at a specific time or delivered for a small fee?
- Can we afford to keep supermarkets open all the time? Why should not open only the sections covering the essential items.
- Is it too unpractical to have mobile test centres primarily to test the staff before they are allowed to enter work premises and before allowing customers to enter. Even better would be to check each customer before they enter the shop.
- All transport systems should have been shut down at the outset and even now not too late to suspend, Air, Train and bus series altogether.
- As there are no medicine to cure corona virus what exactly is the point in sending the Corona patients to hospitals?
- Will the scientists be able to devote time to speed up the diagnostic procedure exactly as they devote time to find the formula for an antidote?